Evil is once more at foot in the City and guess who's been called back on duty?
The once prosperous and great City - Utopolis has lost it's way. No longer is it a shining beacon to the World as a cancerous growth of greed, selfishness and evil has taken hold infecting this once marvelous society.
In the great city of Utopolis 13 towers seem to be infested and their power is all growing.
A modern knight in shining armor riding his fast motorcycle from place to place relentlessly purging each tower of it's demon spawn hidden in all kinds of disguises.
You have an array of weapons and tools at your disposal.
Silver tongue ;) Energy whip M16/Desert Eagle Knife Sword Fists
3 different motorcycles each with it's own personality
Using these tools it is your mission to fight your way from the lobby up through all the levels of the towers until you have cleansed them allowing for the protectors to take hold of the building, something they cannot do without you.
Buildings consist of
Lobby Rooms adjacent to lobby area - Define room types Toilet/restrooms - Stairwell to from floors Elevators to from floors
Each of these may or may not prove to be a battleground.
Towers of evil influence are to be laid out in the end points as well as joints and middle of a pentagram structure this will not be obvious to player until he/she has cleared a number of towers and is able to recognize the pattern.
In the beginning player has to hunt for ghoulish characters around town and question/persuade them to reveal the towers of evil. This can be done by coming to the aid of righteous folks as well as odd characters straggling around town.
Characters could be met in say tattoo stores, bars, churches, community building charity housing and there could be a mixture of good and bad in any of the places as we're dealing with humans.
- Badass biker in black on pimped dragster like bike, not a pleasant character, will fight you or at the least distract you by impairing your ability to fight against the agents of evil
- Biker in Angelic White - comes to aid when called upon, can only be called upon a linited number of times, but will by random chance also appear where evil is found
Jump to 3 item on task list (begin with basic game play and physics instead)
1) will go with Blender generated city instead based on the tutorial by CGGEEK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW_djQS_N8U and the tool at https://gumroad.com/a/1012823155 costs about 20 USD using openstreetmap and https://www.mapbox.com/maps/
2) Import city to
Unity GODOT 3.2.3 or higher
3) Create rectangle (in lieu of motorcycle) stand it up - make motorcycle drive forward arrow key, slow motorcycle down backward arrow key, roll backwards prolonged pushing of back arrow key) turn using left right arrow keys, make riding around town possible - Basic forward + backward and turn - DONE in GODOT 3.2.3 (will need to look at using pivot to turn direction facing rather than strafing)
3a) add follow cam to motorcycle - DONE in GODOT 3.2.3 (however have removed it and will stick with followcam on playerOne only for now)
4) Make cube able to walk around using arrow keys - all four directions - DONE in GODOT 3.2.3 (consider adding gravity and jump + crouch plus pivot around own axis rather than moving sideways and move forward and backward only - Strafe like movement mode can come later)
4a) add follow cam to player01 - DONE in GODOT 3.2.3
5) Make cube launch attack (send sphere in direction x,y,z out from cube distance d) - DONE in GODOT 3.2.3
6) Make cube (in lieu of rider) jump up on bicycle and stick to it when riding around town. M key (mount) (link position of player to motorcycle) DEFERRED
7) When stopped in front of a building make rider able to jump off. M key (un-mount) DEFERRED - PARTLY DONE in GODOT 3.2.3 (M for switch between MC/player)
8) Place other cube moving in pattern somewhere - create collision detect between sphere (attack) and other cube - PARTLY DONE in GODOT 3.2.3 missing waiting pattern and attack trigger
9) Create interior of high-rise building - see for instance http://www.wbdg.org/design/office.php for inspiration on what a building contains.
9a) The lobby - Test Lobby created using CURA and then imported into GODOT 3.2.3 - need to see if I can create a triangle mesh like in this video so I can create automatic colliders akin to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-_FffB2eE
9b) an elevator going up 13 floors (12 at first last one after clearing out all floors) 9c) a stairwell 9d) an office floor with 13 office spaces 9e) a penthouse floor with a penthouse lounge / office area 9f) skyscraper ceiling with helipad
10) Place a doorway on a building (this will be load new scene POC)
11) When player is within distance d of the doorway make door slide open and make it possible for character to move inside once inside door, hide outside view show inside view i.e a room
11a) once in doorway load new scene (a room) - save player information before load so player can be populated with equipment etc.
12) Make cubes (3 enemies) in room move towards player cube.
12a) Make collission detection when enemies touch player
12c) Put short stub on one cube representing gun
12d) Put stick on one enemy cube - stabbing motion
12e) Put sword on enemy cube - slashing motion
12f) Make enemy cubes attack player cube from 3 different distances thus representing 3 different types of attacks, possibly from different enemy types and distances.
12g) Fire projectile weapon - projectile represented by sphere flying from enemy cube toward player cube
12h) Stab with stick weapon (pole)
12i) Slash with sword side to side
12j) Collision detect the attacks when they hit player cube
13) Create a 13 floors high-rise building https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFEIS26VOqk in Blender 2.8 - BUILDING TOOL https://github.com/ranjian0/building_tools/ - create automatic colliders something akin to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-_FffB2eE
1) Generate city in Blender - use free version of http://arnaud.ile.nc/sce/home - tool to create Blender3D cities with a single click if possible. Create a city as big as possible
http://einarpetersen.com/blendergames/curseof/citytoextrude_outlined.png// Temporary 3D city provided for practice purposes - Import this city to Unity and then jump to “2” http://einarpetersen.com/blendergames/curseof/city.rar//
One could also build simple skyscraper buildings like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoMrGRVt-r4// ===== Q & A =====